CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Needing a couple of answers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needing a couple of answers

2007 CLK 350

I have read a lot of posts about clk350 audio issues but still just need to have a couple things clarified.

1st-Do all cars my year and model have the bose system stock? I have read the owners and command manual and no mention of bose. Also, I don't see bose anywhere in the car.

2nd-If the above question is affirmative, can I just add a 4 or 5 channel amp after the factory amp? I like the system for now and just would like to have a little volume. Major upgrades are not in the future as I plan on getting an AMG late next year.

I know you guys have probably answered this before but I really appreciate the time. Thx in advance.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:03 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
If yours has the upgraded audio system, it wouldn't be Bose - they switched to Harmon-Kardon in MY2005. if your head unit has a setting for "Logic 7" or "Surround" then you have the Harmon-Kardon system. If not, you have the standard/base audio system.

Either way, if you want to add an extra amp, then you need one that accepts high-level (speaker-level) inputs. If you have the standard audio system, you'll need to tap into the speaker wiring at the back of the radio. If you have the Harmon-Kardon system, you'll need to tap into the outputs at the HK amp in the trunk - there is no analog audio wiring until that point as it uses fiber optic for everything to the HK amp.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:27 PM

It has logic 7. Thx a lot, I really appreciate it.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Amp upgrade

Got the amp installed but now I have an amp overheating problem. But when it plays it rocks. I tried to hide the amp under the floor in the trunk. Looks like it'll have to be out in the open in the trunck.