CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New CLK320 Avantgarde on order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New CLK320 Avantgarde on order

Well, I've been lurking about for months, and posted on the odd time. So I thought it was about time to let you all know that I've ordered a CLK320 (Avantgarde trim) in time for the new registration on 1st March (I live in the UK).

I will be picking it up in Germany and doing the factory collection. Dates are all booked, I will be flying out on the 29th February to Bremen, and then on to the factory on the 1st March for a tour, after which I receive my car. Then it's off back to the dealer (with a nights stop over near Munster) on the 2nd March via 4 countries and Eurotunnel. Should put about 520 miles on it before it sees the dealer. They will then put the UK security devices on it (Tracker and SmartWater - I'm assuming standard alarm is factory fit) and I will get it back, hopefully on the 4th March.

I accidentally waved the options wand too many times. We pick our options individually in the UK on a Mercedes-Benz, unlike the options packages available in the USA.

So, these are the options I've specified on the CLK320:

- Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
- Anthracite Leather
- 17" Alloy Wheels (5 spoke - same as Appearance package in US) with sports suspension
- Parameter Steering
- Cupholder (free, but what the heck!)
- Electric Rear Roller Blind
- Luxury Climate Control
- Parktronic
- Bi-Xenon Headlamps
- Bose Sound System
- CD Changer
- COMAND
- Linguatronic
- Nokia Phone and Hands-Free Phone Kit
- Ventilated Seats with Heating (now available to be ordered - was waiting on those)
- Multi-Contour Drivers and Passengers Seat

Very much looking forward to it! CLK500 was tempting but way too expensive in the UK, when you take into account the higher insurance group and the phenomenal petrol prices in the UK. Still, the CLK320 was deceptively quick - and also such a nice environment to spend time in Major sellers for me!

Roll on February...