CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

STAR "Mods"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 03:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 BMW 550i
Wink STAR "Mods"

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about the different things that can be done through star. I've found a bit of information around the web about it but nothing specific for this CLK forum. I've been able to do the following, I wont be going into detail because the exact steps required through the menus differ between model years and different versions of STAR.

Retrofit command 2.0 through star:
Access and restart the D2B ring then enter variant coding the Command Unit and personalize settings such as region and if your car is a clk or C class(depends on where you got your unit). Then access ICM and enable viewing the NAV Menu

High pitched chirp when locking:
This mod requires entering developer mode through the rear sam and a lot of google translate.

Enable fuel tank remaining fuel in liters or gallons:
Also required entering ICM through developer mode and a lot of google translate.

Enabling passive tire pressure monitoring(through esp and abs sensors):
Turn on TPMS on the ICM and then access esp and activate the sensors.

Also to clarify playing around with STAR is no joke. Cheap scanners burn control units, and playing with the wrong settings can make you fail government tests and ruin your car.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 133 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
We have also done the following:

Change ignition settings to correlate with fuel being used (especially for counties with not-so-clean fuel). Values available are Base Value, RON 89, 91, 93.

Reset adaptions for rain sensor which improves rain detection with wipers set to AUTO.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:40 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Just be careful - some of the tests in SDS will actually do things, like (literally) fire the airbag squibs. Luckily, there are plenty of warning messages, but of course you have to READ them!