CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

cananyone help with VMI and netstar report?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2015 | 12:44 PM

CLK500
cananyone help with VMI and netstar report?

vin WDBTJ75J13F056856.

Tried one dealer and not helpful.

Thanks,

Fynn
Old 05-10-2015 | 01:22 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Most dealers won't do this due to privacy concerns as the VMI has all the prior registered owner's names. Some will give you a redacted version if you ask for it with a PPI. Or, they will verbally go over it with you, but not give you the printout.

Is there something specific you are trying to find out about this MY2003 CLK500? There are really only two chronic issues to worry about with it: the leaking pilot bushing on the transmission's electrical connector and the Valeo radiator that allows coolant and and transmission fluid to mix. The Valeo radiator issue is easy to visually verify:

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/sh...42&postcount=3

The pilot bushing is also easily checked with a visual inspection for leaks, and you should also check the TCU for oil intrusion (under the passenger side footwell carpet).

I know this is noo what you asked for, but in case you also want it, here's the build data card:

http://benzbits.com/WDBTJ75J13F056856.pdf
Old 05-10-2015 | 05:27 PM

CLK500
Thanks, I'm trying to figure out the service history to see when things were changed tsb done etc.

Thanks for the data card.
Old 05-26-2015 | 06:07 PM

C Class
Are one of these filed on every car?
Old 05-27-2015 | 10:15 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
All MBZs have a data card. It's basically the build sheet that was created when the order for the car was placed with the factory. It never changes. EPC (the electronic parts catalog) has all the data cards loaded in its database. I have an October 2010 version of EPC so anything up to that build date, I can pull.

VMI is "vehicle master inventory" which is the ongoing record of the car. Anytime an authorized MBZ dealar/service center touches the car, VMI is updated. This includes a lot of information that is not meant for the consumer, such as all owner records, radio codes, shop tech comments, etc. Pretty much anyone in an MBZ dealership can access VMI (though not all know how). Obviously, it is used by the service center to keep up with all work performed, but it is also used by MBUSA to inform owners of recalls, etc.
Old 05-29-2015 | 01:14 PM

CLK500
So is there anyway other then trying to convince the Dealer to get a VMI. Seems everyone thinks this is classified info.
Old 05-30-2015 | 11:10 AM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Yes, you will only be able to get this info from a dealership. Maybe a friend here on the forum who works for a dealership could pull it for you, just know, though, that it would have to be done privately and anonymously since that person could lose his job (or worse) for doing that outside of required dealership duties.

Is this a car you are considering for purchase, or have you just bought it and are curious about the service records? If you are considering a purchase, then take it to the dealer and pay for a PPI (pre-purchase inspection). it will probably cost you around $200. Tell them you want the service records. Most will comply. If you already own it, then maybe you could get a friend to do this for you, i.e. pose as a buyer, or, you could take it in yourself and say you are selling it and the buyer want the report. Either way, it will cost you - dealerships are for-profit business and their time and effort has value.