CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Water on drivers side footwell carpet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK 240 (A209) 2003
Water on drivers side footwell carpet

Hi,

This is my first post, and I have searched but can't find this, forgive me if I've missed it.

I have this morning, after heavy rain, noticed a small puddle under the accelerator pedal in my CLK240 Manual Cabrio. I've checked everywhere I can think that it might be coming from, window seals, roof etc but to no avail.

The area where water seems to be coming in is around the bonnet release handle and below, does anyone know what is around there that could e leaking, and/or how to take apart and clean/fix?

Any help gladly received.

Thank you

Nick
Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
You have 2 channels in the side and front seals. My first suggestion is to ensure all
seals are clear and that the water has a place to drain to. There are other posts here about the seal that goes down each side of the windshield. Just recently I discovered the same 2 channels in my seals that supposedly stop water leakage over the side windows or the same water that can run to the front corners depending on what angle your car was sitting on when the rain came.

This problem is not at all unusual. I've been chasing a solution for the better part of a year and still have a leak from the fitment of the top. Good luck on the repair and please post any success that can us that have similar problems.