CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Climate Control Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz CLK320 W209
Climate Control Issue

Hey Guys!

Hoping someone can help me out - I'm having an issue where one side (passenger) of my climate control will blow cold air while the AC is on and the driver side will blow lukewarm at best. I've taken the time to refill the AC through the low pressure port and the pressure reading is perfect. I've also held down the "circulate" and front defrost buttons until they blink back and forth - it cycles through the different ports and then returns to normal with no errors I'm aware of.

I've also held down the AC button which brings up a screen that says "Max AC" with blinking numbers - My driver side says 0, while my passenger side will read anywhere from 86 to 94. No idea what that means - by pressing the auto buttons on the climate control I can begin the balance out the numbers to read 50/50, but it immediately reverts back to 0 - 86, etc when I press AC

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

*Also it's a 2003 CLK320 with 70k miles
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
It sounds like you've done all the right things. I really can't suggest anything else. My C240 does this whenever the refrigerant is just slightly low. I have to recharge it on a very HOT day to get it to take enough refrigerant to make it cool again on the driver's side.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 BMW 550i
i had the same issue when i bought the car. the reset procedure did the trick for me and its been working great ever since. I'm guessing there is a flap somewhere that's opening and closing but maybe the flap itself is broken and not stuck so the computer in charge of the AC isn't noticing that a flap isn't opening somewhere. on STAR you can access the flap positions and actuate them one by one, that should be enough to pinpoint the issue.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz CLK320 W209
bad ac compressor?

Thanks for the replies guys! I noticed both sides will briefly blow cold just after I recharge the freon, but it won't stay cool for very long. I believe it's my AC compressor going bad.. I've noticed a subtle whining noise during idle, which becomes a bit more noticeable as I'm accelerating.

I'll take it to my indie and have him take a closer look. Thanks again!