CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Instrument Cluster and Centre Console Backlighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrument Cluster and Centre Console Backlighting

Hi,

What is the colour of the backlighting to the buttons, etc on the centre console and the instrument cluster. It seems that the backlighting to the instrument cluster is blue, but the radio and climate control has orange! What about the buttons on the COMAND and heated seats, etc? What colour are those? If they are orange, don't they look odd with blue backlighting in the instrument cluster? I've looked for pictures, but can't find any...

Thx
Old 01-29-2004, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
You are correct - all the buttons of the radio, climate control, command, heated seats etc.. are Orange while the instrument cluster is a cool blue.

I never thought about it much until a few people here mentioned the non-matching colors. Personally, I think the scheme looks good at night - although, given the option, I would probably go for a more uniform color scheme.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Thx for the reply. I must admit, it does sound odd but glad to know that you like it, therefore it can't be that bad!!

I'm sort of assuming that at some point the CLK will probably get the new C-Class interior and that it will all be a uniform colour. I will be getting my CLK in just over 4 weeks (been waiting 5 months!) but never even thought to look at the illumination. Just never thought it would be anything but uniform I guess...
Old 01-30-2004, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
the new C-Class interior
I wasn't aware that C-Classes had a version of their interior newer than the CLK. The CLK's was pretty much a complete redesign last year. I didn't think that any major change was on the horizon but who knows?...
Old 01-31-2004, 12:54 PM
Almost a Member!

From Feb/Mar this year, the C-Class gets a facelift. The interior has changed quite a bit, that's why I sort of assumed that at some point the CLK would get it