CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Replace iPod cable with Aux

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 04:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 Clk350 cabriolet
Replace iPod cable with Aux

Folks, read a few post on Aux port addition but not sure if anyone has tried converting their iPod cable to Aux. I have moved to Android a few years back and miss listening to my music and Podcast directly on my car Audio, I have tried 1-2 after market FM transmitters but too much distortion.

It seems they use to sell Adapters in the past to convert iPod connector to Aux. I even ordered one a while back, never arrived and they cited out of stock. (Correction, I did eventually get one from Amazon, but it did not work, no sound and I gave up).

Any easy way to achieve that. I really do not care if I loose the iPod/iPhone connectivity completely. My whole family is an Android family. If i were to just buy that Aux Cable mentioned in a few threads here and swap it, will that simply work (via the Command unit).

Hopefully car bluetooth (original came with the car) for the phone function will not work with my Android to stream music, correct. If it does, I will truly feel like an idiot.

Specs: 2009 Clk 350, Sports/Entertainment Pkg, Navi, CD Changer, Bluetooth, iPod White connector with Black after market connector for charging. NO Aux port in the glove compartment. Just iPod cable.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by jigsb
Folks, read a few post on Aux port addition but not sure if anyone has tried converting their iPod cable to Aux. I have moved to Android a few years back and miss listening to my music and Podcast directly on my car Audio, I have tried 1-2 after market FM transmitters but too much distortion.

It seems they use to sell Adapters in the past to convert iPod connector to Aux. I even ordered one a while back, never arrived and they cited out of stock. (Correction, I did eventually get one from Amazon, but it did not work, no sound and I gave up).

Any easy way to achieve that. I really do not care if I loose the iPod/iPhone connectivity completely. My whole family is an Android family. If i were to just buy that Aux Cable mentioned in a few threads here and swap it, will that simply work (via the Command unit).

Hopefully car bluetooth (original came with the car) for the phone function will not work with my Android to stream music, correct. If it does, I will truly feel like an idiot.

Specs: 2009 Clk 350, Sports/Entertainment Pkg, Navi, CD Changer, Bluetooth, iPod White connector with Black after market connector for charging. NO Aux port in the glove compartment. Just iPod cable.
Nope you can't stream over bluetooth system in MB.

You can add a bluetooth adapter to the iPod plug to stream from your phone. However, I believe the white iPod plugs run on 12volts so you will need a 5volt adapter, but seems you already have the connector. Haven't used this so can't speak to the quality or functionality but it's an option.

Bluetooth:
Amazon.com: Mpow® Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock and 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Mpow® Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock and 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 07-17-2015, 06:29 PM

2009 Clk350 cabriolet
Thank you. Has anyone use this before !? A couple of reviews and Q/A state that it did not work with their Mercedes vehicle.

Any other options !?
Old 07-17-2015, 06:38 PM

2009 Clk350 cabriolet
Originally Posted by gaazmon
Nope you can't stream over bluetooth system in MB.

You can add a bluetooth adapter to the iPod plug to stream from your phone.
But connecting to this adapter via bluetooth for Audio streaming, will I not loose my Phone functionality via MB bluetooth. Cannot connect to both at once, can I !?
Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by jigsb
But connecting to this adapter via bluetooth for Audio streaming, will I not loose my Phone functionality via MB bluetooth. Cannot connect to both at once, can I !?
Ou didn't realize that probably not then
Old 07-18-2015, 12:57 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
If your phone can simultaneously connect to two different BT devices - one for hands-free calling and a different for audio streaming, then this should work.