CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bluetoth unit connect what mising?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK CABRIOLET AVANTGARDE SPORT, A-Class 180, Peugeott 207 CC Cabriolet, Kawasaki ZX 10R

Hello,
I've ask if someone know how I can do it I buy OEM Mercedes Bluetooth unit for my CLK 200 kompressor Cabriolet 2007 what wireing and puck I need also?
I'm from Europe so I think there some diferetnses between USA and EU models!
If someone can help me at advice I'll would appriciate it!
Greetings to all.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:54 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
If you don't have the MHI connector ion the center console, then forget it - it's over US$1000 in parts and hours of labor. I;d look at an aftermarket unit. I put the mCar in mine. There are others specific to Europe.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:33 PM

CLK CABRIOLET AVANTGARDE SPORT, A-Class 180, Peugeott 207 CC Cabriolet, Kawasaki ZX 10R
Originally Posted by Rudeney
If you don't have the MHI connector ion the center console, then forget it - it's over US$1000 in parts and hours of labor. I;d look at an aftermarket unit. I put the mCar in mine. There are others specific to Europe.
I think so as you I'll check at local dealer over my car VIN so he say me there my car missing two code but he don't know what tht code means!
of you mean MHI connetor do you mean to this at photo I buy it.
Attached Thumbnails Bluetoth unit connect what mising?-s51224-192715.jpg  
Old 12-26-2015, 02:24 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
The MHI connector will be be in the center console and look something like this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...radle-dock.jpg

If you don't have that, then all you have is the "pre-wiring" which is literally a $5 piece of wiring harness int he center console, and you'd be about $1,000 in parts away from adding factory Bluetooth integration. The problem is, the car's electronics were designed for old, analog cell phones that could use 3-watt signal boosters. The factory parts you'd need to install would include that booster plus other interface equipment for these old analog phones. Then, you'd plug in a "puck" that talks Bluetooth to your modern phone and emulates an old analog phone to the car.

Like I said, I'd go aftermarket. There are several solutions. The mCar was pretty much plug-and-play. It goes in place of the CD changer. It uses the CD changer emulation for iPod and BT streaming integration.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:45 PM

The MHI connector will be be in the center console and look something like this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...radle-dock.jpg

If you don't have that, then all you have is the "pre-wiring" which is literally a $5 piece of wiring harness int he center console, and you'd be about $1,000 in parts away from adding factory Bluetooth integration. The problem is, the car's electronics were designed for old, analog cell phones that could use 3-watt signal boosters. The factory parts you'd need to install would include that booster plus other interface equipment for these old analog phones. Then, you'd plug in a "puck" that talks Bluetooth to your modern phone and emulates an old analog phone to the car.

Like I said, I'd go aftermarket. There are several solutions. The mCar was pretty much plug-and-play. It goes in place of the CD changer. It uses the CD changer emulation for iPod and BT streaming integration.
Thx. your advise for looking aftermarket kit is ok.
I try first find if someone selling car in parts if I've been lucky maybe I find over internet and buy used all set.
Do you've some good used Mercedes car part shop for recommand!
My car not support analog phone my car is 2008. Have you suggestion for some aftermarket who work over steering wheel?
Greets.

Last edited by IV-ST; 12-27-2015 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:31 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
The mCar unit I installed emulates the factory phone interface completely - the steering wheel buttons and the radio buttons all work as per the factory interface. The only non-factory issue is that it has its own dedicated microphone instead of using the factory mic in the overhead control panel.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:30 AM

The mCar unit I installed emulates the factory phone interface completely - the steering wheel buttons and the radio buttons all work as per the factory interface. The only non-factory issue is that it has its own dedicated microphone instead of using the factory mic in the overhead control panel.
Thx. on the recommendation. I've check is it mCar shop have dealer in Europe I'm from Europe. greets.