CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

'03 CLK 320 passenger heated seat??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes CLK 320 Coupe
'03 CLK 320 passenger heated seat??

So I recently purchased a new car. I love everything about the car, hence why I am trying to fix some things. My question is regarding the heated seat on the passenger side. The passenger side heated seat light does not come on. Although all other lights on the panel turn on and off. The passenger side heated seat does not heat up either. On the DRIVER side, the lights as well as the heated seat work perfect. So the problem is ONLY on the passenger side. Any idea's as to what I should check or replace? Keep in mind I likely do not have the proper tools to diagnose the problem. I'm trying to gain as much knowledge on my car as possible so any tips would be much appreciated!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
85 911 Targa
I would check the fuses, if it shares one fuse then it will most likely be a severed line or bad ground for the seat warmer.

If you have a volt meter, it will help to find the culprit line or contact.
The following users liked this post:
SterlingJ (05-11-2016)
Old 05-11-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by DRACO
I would check the fuses, if it shares one fuse then it will most likely be a severed line or bad ground for the seat warmer.

If you have a volt meter, it will help to find the culprit line or contact.
Any idea where the fuse is located?
Old 05-11-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
85 911 Targa
Sorry, try google or others with your model will chime in.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:10 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I don't believe it's a fuse. It's controlled by a combination of the upper control panel (where the button is located) and the seat controller. The switch on the UCP sends a signal over the CAN bus to the seat controller which in turn energize the heating elements. The seat controller then checks the resistance of the heating elements and sends a signal back to the UCP to illuminate the button's indicator lights appropriately.

If the lights do not illuminate, the UCP is not getting a signal from the seat controller. Assuming the power seat works, then it's not the seat controller. I would then suspect either the wiring where the heating elements plug into the seat controller is bad, or the heating elements themselves are bad.
The following users liked this post:
SterlingJ (05-16-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 10:21 AM

FIXED

So after trying a few things I discovered that two wires were broken apart under the passenger side seat. Apparently there is a cluster of 4 wires toward the front of the seat, 2 blue and two brown. My guess is that those wires got broken when someone lifted the seat up too much. So I simply soldered them back together and my problem was solved. Those wires are tight together, I had to cut a few zip-ties to gain enough slack to solder them. There is also a small plastic mounting piece, ironically that was the hardest thing to get out. I just set the plastic mounting piece under the seat (wires attached) so that this problem would not surface again. Anyways, just so y'all know I was able to fix it.