CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Repost of V1 instructions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK500
Repost of V1 instructions

After painstakingly testing numerous wires, I found one in the overhead console that is hot with the ignition on. Rather than go through the lighter and then having to run the wire under the dash and then all the way up the side, I wanted to be close to the windshield and not have to run the wire very far. First, I started by removing the large clear dome light cover (it snaps easily with a thin screwdriver). 2 white tabs will be revealed...these are pulled forward to release the overhead console unit down:

Then look for a thin grey with with a blue stripe...it is on the far left side toward the back...there are 2 other wires near it, one brown and the other red/pink. This grey/blue wire is the one to place the tap to:

I then connected the ground wire to one of the screws holding in the sunroof motor (there are other areas to use for the ground). Take the excess wire and bundle it up and tuck along the edges:

Pull the other end of the cord through the header in front of the rearview mirror...I chose to mount on the left side. It actually helps to push the RJ cord from the window side first and then pull it back through the console opening:

Here is the final product:

Sorry, but the time had expired on the pictures on my prior web host.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 Audi A5
Jeez, I wish I'd seen this post last Friday, it took me ages to find a switched-live wire for my Roadpilot. In the end I tapped off one that was used for my carkit install, but running up to the roof would have been way easier than getting to the other side of the car (in the passenger footwell). I've got a cab though, so I guess it's possible this wouldn't have worked on mine.