CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2004 Clk 320 A/C Problem blowing hot air

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk320 s430
2004 Clk 320 A/C Problem blowing hot air

Hi everyone im having a problem with my a/c system and need some help. My a/c system started blowing slightly cold air at first then just warm air now. Ive got it checked for leaks none what so ever replaced compressor because pully gave out also replaced reciever drier and still same problem compressor clutch never kicked in on old compressor nor on the new one and now a have a crackling noice in my dashboard as soon as i start the car even though a/c is off. Car wont take freon and if i flushing through the condensor on top plug mostly hot air comes out any suggestions already put in too much money and no luck yet?
Old 06-03-2016, 09:59 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
First of all, the compressor has no clutch. It uses an internal swash plate, so there's no way to visually determine if the compressor is engage or not. You are also supposed to replace the expansion valve when the system is opened. What are the pressures and ambient temperature when checked? Also, if you have access to SDS or another specialized tool that can scan MBZ's proprietary systems, you should be able to check codes on the ACC and even check the operation of the compressor and cut-off switches.