CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clicking noise - possibly a relay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK320
Clicking noise - possibly a relay?

Hi guys, so I'm about 8 weeks into ownership of a 04 320 CLK. Loving the car so far and this forum has been an invaluable resource of information.

Within the last day or so I've noticed an odd noise for about several mins after turning on the ignition or starting the engine. The clicking sounds like some sort of relay but I can't for the life of me work out what and wondering if anyone on here might know or have some idea what it could be?

FYI this is not the usual clicking from behind the dash caused by the blower system (I've got that too!).

It sounds more like a relay and position wise is somewhere under the dashboard/drivers door/under drivers seat area. Seems to occur on both ignition and while the engine is running and lasts about 10 mins.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:48 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Do you have the lumbar support option? Maybe something to do with that.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 320CLK Cab
Originally Posted by DroolinFool
It sounds more like a relay and position wise is somewhere under the dashboard/drivers door/under drivers seat area. Seems to occur on both ignition and while the engine is running and lasts about 10 mins.
I had something similar. But mine sounded more like the clicking of a clock. Whenever the front driver seat wasn't nestled in position, it would do it. Usually releasing the seat from secure & pushing it forward & forcefully pushing it back down would stop it. I've been meaning to pull the seat out to check connections & microswitches but just haven't gotten to it. The sound hasn't been around for about 6 months for me.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK320
Originally Posted by clydem
I had something similar. But mine sounded more like the clicking of a clock. Whenever the front driver seat wasn't nestled in position, it would do it. Usually releasing the seat from secure & pushing it forward & forcefully pushing it back down would stop it. I've been meaning to pull the seat out to check connections & microswitches but just haven't gotten to it. The sound hasn't been around for about 6 months for me.
Well, this seems to have done the trick. Pulled the seat forward then put it back in place with a little force - clicking noise has gone.