CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

new guy questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 clk350 cab
new guy questions

recently bought 2006 clk 350, so far love it. Two issues that perhaps I can get help with.
1. top squeaks when up ( cab) seems to be coming from all the rubber seals windows etc, Know they will never go away altogether-- chassis flex. Was told they needed to be cleaned and lubed but not to use silicone. Any suggestions?

2. Car stops great no squeal etc. BUT lots of brake dust I'm willing to change the pads to some that will limit the break dust (and still not squeak) Sure someone has found the solution. Thank You.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:45 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Clean the seals with a mild detergent (say a damp rag and a bucket of water with a bit of dish detergent). Once it's cleaned, use the lubricant form the dealer It's about $45 for a small vial, but it will last many years. Here's the WIS docs on how to lubricate along with the part number for the lubricant:

http://benzbits.com/w209/soft_top/Lubrication.pdf

As for the brake dust, you can swap to ceramic pads. They will still leave dust on the rims, but it will be a lighter color. Honestly, I have not found any pads that stop as well as OEM. I'd rather spend a little extra time cleaning rims rather than worry about rear-ending someone.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Clean the seals with a mild detergent (say a damp rag and a bucket of water with a bit of dish detergent). Once it's cleaned, use the lubricant form the dealer It's about $45 for a small vial, but it will last many years. Here's the WIS docs on how to lubricate along with the part number for the lubricant:

http://benzbits.com/w209/soft_top/Lubrication.pdf

As for the brake dust, you can swap to ceramic pads. They will still leave dust on the rims, but it will be a lighter color. Honestly, I have not found any pads that stop as well as OEM. I'd rather spend a little extra time cleaning rims rather than worry about rear-ending someone.
Or T-boning a deer.....
Old 07-31-2016, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Originally Posted by d35dabull
recently bought 2006 clk 350, so far love it. Two issues that perhaps I can get help with.
1. top squeaks when up ( cab) seems to be coming from all the rubber seals windows etc, Know they will never go away altogether-- chassis flex. Was told they needed to be cleaned and lubed but not to use silicone. Any suggestions?

2. Car stops great no squeal etc. BUT lots of brake dust I'm willing to change the pads to some that will limit the break dust (and still not squeak) Sure someone has found the solution. Thank You.
If you hunt down the creaks you can get rid of them altogether. My car has none.