CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

US Command on UK CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
US Command on UK CLK

Anybody know what the situation is on getting a US Command 2 unit fitted on a UK w209 CLK? Would teh GPS still work ok? And I take it the CD function would be ok too? And what about the radio saituation, would it just have difficulty finding all the UK\EUROPE FM radio stations? Does anyone know and maybe already have experiance of this? Also does the Command 2 unit take DVD's or juct CD's? And can you get the Command unit to play DVD filmes? Cheers for your help everyone.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
u've seen the ebay ad aswell then, so have i, i have posted same question in the w203 forum i have been told it should work except for the am freq
Old 03-14-2004, 05:10 PM

COOL

Yes the guy selling them actually advertises on the Merc Enthusiasts mag regularly - guess he's had a shedload of US ones come in! Im picking mine up tommorow if all thats lost is the Am frequency as I dont use AM anyway

Anyway - hows your work on your car going Cliffybabe? Any new stuff gone on recently?
Old 03-14-2004, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
yeah the 6x9's were a no go, so i have ended up fitting the infinity's in the rear speaker grill's now they sound great, getting my rims on saturday and next im getting the comand system.

Im getting there, maybe window tints in the future.

neil
Old 03-15-2004, 05:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by shanusanus
Im picking mine up tommorow if all thats lost is the Am frequency as I dont use AM anyway
...and you loose half of the FM frequencies as the US spec headunits have a 0.2MHz spacing (meaning that every station 0n .0 - .2 - .4 - .6 - .8 are not available anylonger)...you will loose RDS - the unit does not have TMC - you cannot set the time by entering a country (you will have to do that manually - not a problem though)...

greetingz & good luck,
Old 03-17-2004, 06:50 AM

Excellant - I got a US BRAND SPANKING NEW Command Unit for my w209 clk for a measly £800 - and the guy even helped fit it in for me and showed me it all working! FYI: Sat Nav works perfectly. CD perfectly. In fact the only probs I see are afew FM\Am stations the unit wont find - but I hardly listen to radio and the stations I do listen to the tuner found OK so im well happy - oh and the country setting obvously wont work - its setup for USA\CANADA etc - no Europe option - but the rest is brill - all working from my steering wheel and MB used Star Diag to get the map info coming up on dash. Im one happy bunny and for such a great price for a NEW unit - im well chuffed.