CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2016 | 03:11 PM

2004 clk500
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
Dude avoid the garbage ebay projectors... They are just that, garbage.

Find a set of OEM projectors (Unless you already have a set, in which case you are golden) and bake them. It's SUPER easy. You pull them apart, and you now have access to the projectors. Remove the shields which are held in my I think 6 small torq (can't remember since I did mine). Then remove the projector itself, take the lens off and replace with ZKW-R lenses. You replace them because stock our Merc's have Fresnel's lenses.

However it seems like you want something that looks good rather than actually functions well or is superior to something that has a white look? If I'm mistaken then sorry but that's how I'm interpreting it... And everything said above, don't put HID's in a reflector housing unless it was designed for it because you will get huge amounts of scattered light that will blind people and make you a douche. Avoid cheap HID kids as those again are garbage and will eventually ruin your projector bowls from the UV light.

I have a thread somewhere showing the difference in light.

I've attached a couple pic below.

-Nigel
thanks for all the info, and car look clean ! are headlights tinted ?
Old 10-03-2016 | 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by megacrazy
Speaking of little minds. How does yours come up with such infantile "insults"? Clue me in in case I want to insult my neighbor's 5 year old kid.

Either way do you speak from experience? How many retrofits have you done? Let's see some pics of beam patterns and your work. I'm going to go ahead and assume your knowledge of retrofits is as infallible as your command of the English language and ability to logically express yourself.
if your tiny mind can remember, you insulted me first with this...

Originally Posted by megacrazy
Since when do HIDs have less out put than halogens? Either we're in some sort of parallel universe or I'm reading this wrong haha.
so you can only dish it but you cant take it? i knew youre a baby but i didnt know youre such a p**sy!

im outta here.
Old 10-05-2016 | 10:50 PM

20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Arrow

Originally Posted by zuzu_pali
thanks for all the info, and car look clean ! are headlights tinted ?

Not tinted. I took them apart and painted the chrome piece gloss black. Looks so much better. I'm surprised they didn't have an option years ago to have black headlights. Makes the chrome shroud pop. It's actually one of the easiest mods to do.

-Nigel