CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Fog lights on the brabus bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
Fog lights on the brabus bumper?

I just got my Brabus bumper installed, and notice that my body shop wired all 4 fog lights to on switch. Although, I hear it is illegal to have more then 2 fog lights on. And acording to Brabus, 1 set of lights is suppose to be wired to the fog light wire and the other set to the high beam.

How is everyone's fog lights wired on their Brabus bumper?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Re: Fog lights on the brabus bumper?

Originally posted by clk2k3
I just got my Brabus bumper installed, and notice that my body shop wired all 4 fog lights to on switch. Although, I hear it is illegal to have more then 2 fog lights on. And acording to Brabus, 1 set of lights is suppose to be wired to the fog light wire and the other set to the high beam.

How is everyone's fog lights wired on their Brabus bumper?
I have all four of my fogs running at night. I think its illegal, but yet I also think you can get away with it. IMO, you should use all of the light, its really nice during the night. Just drive carefully when your around cops. So far, i have not had any problems, and lets hope i wont have any in the near future as well.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:12 AM

CLK500
re:fog lights

Run them both!! I doubt any cop anytime soon will pull you over for more than 2 fogs. It's not like these are spot lights like on the H2 that will blind the people in front of you, besides tehy sit bery low to the profile of the CLK.

I request to have them both on and not wired to the high beams. Looks much better at night!!