CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Where are the rollover bar micro switches/sensors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Where are the rollover bar micro switches/sensors?

Last summer I reported that I was getting a "lower the rollover bars" message on my MFD, but no other symptoms - I can still lower the top when the message is displayed. Now the message is back. It is clearly heat related. It only happens after the car has been baking in the hot sun for a while. I assume these are micro switches? Can somebody with WIS tell me where they are? Near the top or bottom of the assembly? Accessible just by removing the rear seat or do I need to do more major surgery? Any ideas why heat is causing this? Thanks.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:01 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
The only part I see there is the deployment solenoid, and it's at the bottom of the rollbar assembly. I do not find it as a separately available part. That doesn't mean it isn't, it just means that I can't find it in EPC. But also, there is no mention in WIS of replacing just the solenoid or any switches - it only has instructions for replacement of the entire rollbar. It does not look to hard to remove for inspection. Remove the rear seat (just some bolts) and then a few bolts for the rollbar:

http://benzbits.com/w209/RollbarRemoval.pdf