CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CPS location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes clk 270 cdi auto coupe
CPS location

hi

im trying to locate my cps but every diagram and video I find it's a different engine to mine and I don't seem to have as much room to locate/access it?

vehicle is a 2003 Mercedes clk 270 cdi auto coupe (or doesn't have the air intake hoses either side of the engine)
Old 05-11-2017, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
First, let's make sure we are talking about the correct thing. CPS can stand for cam position sensor or crank position sensor. I have zero familiarity with your engine, but I think crank position sensors are all roughly in the same place because of how they work. They are basically taking readings from your flywheel as it spins by. And i presume your flywheel is where everbody's flywheel is - the last thing on your engine before it joins the transmission. So usually the CPS is mounted on top of the engine housing just an inch or so before the seam where the engine mates to the transmission. Assuming yours is also there, then yes, you are correct that there is not much room to get at it. There is no way a person with very large arms could reach mine. I have pretty skinny arms and scraped the heck out of it trying to reach the cps in the narrow space between the engine and the firewall. It's possible that yours is located elsewhere - a quick google search did not show an image and I assume that diesel engines have them, so that's probably where yours is. Somebody with your car will probably know for sure.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
I did just find a thread on an MB Uk site that says on a clk 270 "53 plate" you can get to it from underneath and that it is right above the starter. Since i have no idea what 53 plate means, you can decide if that applies to you.