CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Battery Trouble/first Crisis!!! Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
Battery Trouble/first Crisis!!! Help

Hello everyone:

I know that everyone will believe that is no surprise to have the first trouble with my CLK 500 after 18 days of owner ship.
Of course it SUCKS!!!

Last night when I tried to start the car the battery was dead, I since I have a battery charges, I left the battery being charge for 6 hours last night (Saturday) this morning around 10.00AM I measure the battery charges and was fully charge By noon time when I was going out and tried to stard the car the battery was dead again!!!!
So I can think of two particular problemas:
1) Defective Battery or I hope not
2) A big short circuit.

Have any one had this problem when the car was (is) brand New

please comment

Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 02:39 AM

2010 ML350 CDI AMG Sports, BMW e92 335i (sold), CLK240 Avantgarde (sold)
call the MB service and let them sort it out, I wouldn't even bother wasting my time and getting my hands dirty charging the battery when its that new
Not sure how the service is over at the States but I know if that happens to me, they will tow the car to their workshop to get it sorted out with free rental cars and maybe free accommodation if I was 100km from home

Cheers,
Ho
Old 04-19-2004, 07:01 AM

2004 Audi S4, 2003 CLK 500
I had the very same problem a few months ago. There is probably some type of drain that is causing the battery to die. It took MB five weeks to figure out what was wrong and I was the one who was able to determine the problem. On your command center there is a Pwr button [Power]. When you shut off the engine the pwr button stays lit for about 20 to 30 seconds before it shuts off. If you listen very closely you can hear a fan inside the nav system that will go off after about the same amount of time. Try this, when you get out of the car and locked it, look to see if the pwr button goes out after 30 seconds or so. My pwr button was never going out and and was draining the battery. It is better to do this at night, [easier to see]. If this is what is happening, then the service dept. will probably have to change the SAM module [Stand Alone Module]. If this is not your problem MB will have to keep the car for awhile and hook up a sensing device to figure out what is causing the battery drain. Good Luck
Old 04-20-2004, 01:23 AM

CLK 500
Re: Battery Trouble/first Crisis!!! Help

Originally posted by El Zorro
Hello everyone:

I know that everyone will believe that is no surprise to have the first trouble with my CLK 500 after 18 days of owner ship.
Of course it SUCKS!!!

Last night when I tried to start the car the battery was dead, I since I have a battery charges, I left the battery being charge for 6 hours last night (Saturday) this morning around 10.00AM I measure the battery charges and was fully charge By noon time when I was going out and tried to stard the car the battery was dead again!!!!
So I can think of two particular problemas:
1) Defective Battery or I hope not
2) A big short circuit.

Have any one had this problem when the car was (is) brand New

please comment

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 02:39 AM

2010 ML350 CDI AMG Sports, BMW e92 335i (sold), CLK240 Avantgarde (sold)
Re: Re: Battery Trouble/first Crisis!!! Help

Hi El Zorro,

Did you forgot to post something there? you've just quoted your own question

Cheers,
Ho
Old 04-20-2004, 04:50 PM

Sorry to hear about this. My CLK had a problem two days out and it was infuriating. My best guess is you have a parasitic draw (COMAND still running, CD changer still running). Get to the dealer and let them sort this out. Let us know what happens!