CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Currently getting my car wrapped ... with Audi S series style side mirrors. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2017 | 04:44 AM

2008 CLS 63 AMG
Currently getting my car wrapped ... with Audi S series style side mirrors. Opinions?

Hi all,
After a long long wait, I'm finally getting my baby wrapped in White Gloss (Avery). After totalling my white CLK last year, I tried looking for a CLK in my area that was in the best condition, but could only find a pristine condition CLK in black.
Anyways, the car is now at the shops getting wrapped as we speak, in White Gloss color, with the additon of the side mirrors being done in Satin Silver Metallic, just like the side mirrors of the Audi S-series. How do you think this will turn out?

Also, what are some cheap DIY projects I can do for the outside of the car? (i.e. trunk spoilers etc....) Anyone have any experience with the flexible rubbery type carbon looking spiltters with the adhesive tape on them? I think they go for around $30 or so on Ebay, and they look quite good when installed. The reason I'm asking is because I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on shipping (difficult to find them in my country), and because the roads here are in very bad conditions. I will most likely crack the carbon fiber lip spoilers if I got the real ones.

Thanks!