CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Winter preparation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 320CLK Cab
Winter preparation

It's windy as heck here in NNJ, but @ 51 degrees, better now than in snow.
Just swapped the rims/Nokians on the wife's 320CLK for winter. When I pull the tires off in Spring, I'll have to have one rim with medium curb rash fixed. Thank you honey

One of the summer tires has a nice sheet rock screw in it. hopefully that is repairable & I cleaned the tires & rims & it's time for 22-PLE application. This is the end of 2nd year for the Goodyear Eagle GTs and the are visibly rough like the wife tracked the car. Not good.
Whatever new pads the shop put on the car, they are creating dust like I've never seen. I don't think I'll let them last the winter. I do have to remember to thank that shop - they actually torqued the lugs down instead of using their air gun on max having me invent new curse words trying to lever them off. The lug heads are starting to round off due to the crazy torques.

Let the snow fall.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:57 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I don't envy you guys in the snow belt. Down here, those tire changes are no a worry. In fact, my biggest concern is if it will be warm enough to ride with the top down.

On those brakes, the genuine MB pads do create a lot of dust, but they clean easily. I prefer them over other brands I've tried (Akebono, Porterfield). I'd rather spend a few bucks on some wheel cleaner and have better stopping power.