CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Low coolant warning - sensor ok

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 133 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Low coolant warning - sensor ok

Hello,

After finding and fixing the coolant leaking into the oil problem, the car is now displaying a low coolant warning even though the coolant is topped off in both the expansion tank/reservoir and the washer fluid reservoir is full.

The warning disappears once the sensor is removed from the reservoir while still being connected. We tried another sensor and the same thing happened. Inside the coolant reservoir = warning, outside it = no warning. As if there's something inside the coolant reservoir causing this. Mind you the coolant reservoir is a year old at most. My mechanic is saying that I need to replace the reservoir even though it's not old.

Are there any WIS documents to diagnose this? How does the sensor function? Can I remove the reservoir and inspect it/fix it in a way rather than buy a new one?

Thank you.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by xsever
Hello,

After finding and fixing the coolant leaking into the oil problem, the car is now displaying a low coolant warning even though the coolant is topped off in both the expansion tank/reservoir and the washer fluid reservoir is full.

The warning disappears once the sensor is removed from the reservoir while still being connected. We tried another sensor and the same thing happened. Inside the coolant reservoir = warning, outside it = no warning. As if there's something inside the coolant reservoir causing this. Mind you the coolant reservoir is a year old at most. My mechanic is saying that I need to replace the reservoir even though it's not old.

Are there any WIS documents to diagnose this? How does the sensor function? Can I remove the reservoir and inspect it/fix it in a way rather than buy a new one?

Thank you.

I know it’s old. But since nobody offered to help, I’d like to know how you fixed this.
Otherwise I’ll start ANOTHER thread ! Oh nooo
Old 05-31-2020, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,440 Likes on 952 Posts
No more MB:(
I think a visit to a shop or dealer will fix the problem.