CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Diagnostics Tool proper operation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 220 Cdi AMG pack
Unhappy Diagnostics Tool proper operation

I am planning of buying a CLK 220 Cdi 2007, with 200.000 Km

Yesterday, I took the car to a local Mercedes authorized shop to check and diagnose the car, to determine if there are any problems regarding the engine, electronics, the extra work that it will need after parcahsing, and so on

Everything goes well until the mechanic decides to take to car for a right, with the Diagnostics Tool connected to the car

During the test drive everything was working fine. And then the mechanic, at some point of the test drive, unplugged the Diagnostics Tool from the car. I don't know if he turned off the Diagnostics Tool first or not

The car immediately stopped operating and shut off. When the car finally came in the garage, he plugged the Diagnostics Tool and it showed that a sensor broke during the test drive. A sensor that is responsible of giving the signal to pump, how much diesel should be sent to the coils.

The mechanic said it was just an unfortunate moment, and that it could happen anytime, anywhere, and his actions where not responsible for the incident

Please note that I wasn't in the car during the test drive, I showed fully trust to my mechanic and I'm not sure if it was correct from my site

I know that this incident is possible to happen anytime (after all they are electronics made by humans)

My actual question is, did the mechanic operated correctly by having connected the Diagnostics Tool during the car movement and then unplugging it?

Now the car is on the sellers mechanic, and he claims that my mechanic messed up with the programming of the ECU, blocking the sensors correct oparation

Last edited by kam0u; 02-14-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:42 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 CLK 350
ODB II scanners can be plugged and unplugged at any time without any problem. So that wasn't the cause.
The following users liked this post:
kam0u (02-16-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 10:03 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Yep, no worries unplugging unless it was in the middle of coding something, and you wouldn't be doing that while diving.
The following users liked this post:
kam0u (02-16-2018)