CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

MB Track Days in UK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Question MB Track Days in UK?

Hi all,

Anybody know if MB have officil Race Days (track Days ) in the Uk anywhere?

And if not official MB race days then how bout unofficial days?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:10 PM

CLK500
Hi shanusanus, As a fellow CLK(W209) owner I would be happy yo hear about any UK track days to try out that V8 power for real Cheers Richie R
Old 05-19-2004, 02:33 AM

C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
very quiet responses

well sadly from the lack of replies about track days and dates etc I presume the misearble Uk doesnt have such days

Pleaes someone lighten up my life and tell me there are such days in the uk!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
I havent heard of any
Old 05-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 240
Well, there's good news and there's bad news.

The good news is that Mercedes do kind of organise track days, but the bad news is that it's more about showing off the capabilities of the cars than racing round the track.

I went on one last year and it was actually very good. The day is spent at Miras in the Midlands, which is the Mercedes testing track (joint with other manufacturers). We had four cars between about ten of us. There are five parts to the day:

1. Checking out what happens when you drive down wet surfaces with and without traction control (the 5% grip track is really quite fun - wife managed five complete revolutions of the car)

2. Belting round the main track (the CLK 500 was probably most fun) including a couple of added hazards - not for the faint hearted

3. Off road in the MLs (including being driven in a Unimog up and down 45 degree slopes)

4. A lecture on security - no, really it was quite interesting, and you learn a bit more about what you can configure on the cars

5. The oval. Round the main oval in an S600 with the main aim to get fuel consumption below 10 miles per gallon - we got to 8.9.

However, if you just want to belt round a track, look in the Top Gear magazine as they'll advertise track days.

Contact the owners club at Mercedes for more details, but I found it very enjoyable and learnt a lot more about what my CLK could do (not that I'd ever put mine through what we did on the track as I'd need a new set ot tyres every day!).

You'll enjoy it, but for 240 quid it's not cheap.

Michael.

p.s. added advantage was they they were testing the SLR on the day I went, but I'm afraid we didn't get to play with that.