CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

More strange dash pop ups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 350
More strange dash pop ups

Hey guys i recently posted about my dash putting these cruise control dots around the screen. If you look at my other post the dots were all the way around the dash. I just got back from work and was able to catch it do it again accept this time it was just 4 dots and they didnt go all the way around. I backed into my driveway, keeping my car on i put it in nuetral and put the e brake on while i went inside to grab something. When i came back out my car changed itself from sports mode into comfort mode, i thought that was pretty strange... it also turned the traction control on by itself the day before that. other than that the car drives great. Has anyone ever had there car change from sport to comfort by itself? Aswell as the traction control come back on while drivong? As stated in my last post i replaced my ecu a month or 2 ago (didn't notice any of this when i replaced it) then just a few weeks ago i had my altenator changed, i got a brand new one by bosch ( that's when i started noticing these things).
Old 04-15-2018, 10:02 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
How is your system voltage? Fluctuations can cause some odd gremlins. You should have 12.6v at rest, no less than 11v when cranking and 14v at idle.
The following users liked this post:
Derek Likos (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM

Clk 350
Originally Posted by Rudeney
How is your system voltage? Fluctuations can cause some odd gremlins. You should have 12.6v at rest, no less than 11v when cranking and 14v at idle.
Everything is on spec, 14.1 to 14.2 at idle, thanks for the reply!

Last edited by Derek Likos; 04-16-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:55 PM

Clk 350
UPDATE!

Originally Posted by Rudeney
Okay so I'm pretty sure I found out the issue and was wondering if this is even possible... I keep a cheap FM transmitter near my cluster because i keep my phone hooked up there, it literally sits on the side of the cluster near my middle ac vents. Ever since i keep it in my glove box i have NO MORE ISSUES, no random cruise control-like dots and random Trac going off. Is this even possible or am I crazy?
Old 04-16-2018, 11:55 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
It's definitely possible. That transmitter could be poorly-tuned and spewing all sorts of bad RF energy that the cluster picks up. I know years ago, there was a particular Sirius radio that had a built-in FM transmitter that would cause problems with some car electronics. They solved it by supplying a different power cable that reduced the voltage.