CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window problem in the 230 clk 2001

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 230 k
Window problem in the 230 clk 2001

Date 18/5/2018
Hi I have a few problems with my CLK 230 2001 , in the mornings when I start the car up sometimes an alarm bell comes on and gives one or two beeps , the windows fail to open and the roof cannot be operated , after driving for twenty odd minutes the alarm sounds again and gives off 13 to 14 beeps and if I push the window switches the window operate normally as does the roof . What may be causing this intermittent problem?
My battery quite often will have discharged during the night and the car requires a jump start. Would this be causing the problem
Any Ideas how to solve it please would be gratefully welcome
. Austin
Old 05-26-2018, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 170 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
Austin.......no one has replied because your 2001 CLK230 cabriolet is a A208 class and you have posted in the A209 forum, together with both the power roof configurations and operation is quite different.

First of all, the power roof will only operate properly if the vehicle's system voltage is greater than 11 volts, so with a weak battery, until the alternator is able to restore the required system voltage, your power roof and windows will not operate properly. Solution: New battery

If the problem is not resolved with a new battery, there is a position switch that is not being properly actuated when your manually lock/unlock the roof's front bow to the windshield frame. When you unlock the front bow, actuation of this switch will tell the power roof controller to lower all the windows (if previously raised). Solution: readjustment of the switch's mounting screws so that the lever of the manual latch properly engages and/or releases the position switch.

Should you need more details or help, post here: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/
Old 05-27-2018, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 230 k
Clk 230 k window and roof problem .

Originally Posted by Serndipity
Austin.......no one has replied because your 2001 CLK230 cabriolet is a A208 class and you have posted in the A209 forum, together with both the power roof configurations and operation is quite different.

First of all, the power roof will only operate properly if the vehicle's system voltage is greater than 11 volts, so with a weak battery, until the alternator is able to restore the required system voltage, your power roof and windows will not operate properly. Solution: New battery

If the problem is not resolved with a new battery, there is a position switch that is not being properly actuated when your manually lock/unlock the roof's front bow to the windshield frame. When you unlock the front bow, actuation of this switch will tell the power roof controller to lower all the windows (if previously raised). Solution: readjustment of the switch's mounting screws so that the lever of the manual latch properly engages and/or releases the position switch.

Should you need more details or help, post here: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/
Hi thank you for your help in solving my problem , it makes complete sense to me now and I appreciate your help.
Kind regards Austin