CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Flashing SRS light - 2007 CLK550 (W209-m273)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 11:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLK550
Flashing SRS light - 2007 CLK550 (W209-m273)

Sharing some experience for others to benefit from. I ran into an issue with an SRS light that was lit due to damaged cables under my passenger seat car seat. Coincidentally, my alternator failed before I repaired the damaged cables. I replaced alternator and repaired the SRS cables (one of the seat belt grounding wires was somehow crushed while the weight sensor wires was sheared off). I unbolted the seat, tilted it back and re-routed the wires to give them more slack, cut both ends of each wire and connected with screw down phoenix connectors (green) which I happened to have on hand. I cleared the alternator and SRS code. Both stayed cleared, however, the SRS light went from being lit continuously, to flashing every second but wouldn't present an error code.

I was able to resolve by re-initializing the Air Bag module. I was lucky enough to have a mechanical friend let me borrow his Autel Maxisys diagnostic tablet with Bluetooth UBD2 adapter. There was an option on the programming menu to perform an initial startup procedure of the AB-airbag control module. The re-coding associated the VIN to air bag module. When completed, the flashing SRS light was gone. Total programming process was about 15 min. Sharing my experience in case others have the same symptoms and are fortunate to have access to professional diagnostic tools. Related pics below:

2007 CLK550 (W209)