CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Limp mode : Clk500 2006

Old 08-03-2018, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL63AMG
Limp mode : Clk500 2006

Hello .

I have a clk500 2006, last week i changed front control arms, and after i drove away, car went into limp-in mode. i got P0702 code . I know for sure that the mechanic took off the wheel knuckle without taking off speed sensor and it got stretched and most likely got broken ! i cleared the code and disconnected the battery but no luck. i feel it's the speed sensor , but some mechanics told me there is no way speed sensor causing car to go into limp-in mode and that it's just a coincident and they advised me to change TCU which is so expensive and what the odds TCU breaks right after changing control arms !!!
Do you think speed sensor would cause the car to get into limp mode ? or would it be just a coincident that TCU broke at the same time ?
how can i test if the speed sensor is bad?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:16 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You are using a generic OBDII scan tool. You need to read codes with a tool that access all of the car's proprietary systems and can give you the exact DTCs. I hear that the Autel MD802 Maxdiag Elite is a nice one. Also, iCarsoft makes the i980 and MBII scanners that will work, and of course there is always SDS (MBZ's Star Diagnosis). Before I'd go swapping parts, I;d get the proper diagnosis.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 clk 500
Originally Posted by SL63AMG_X
Hello .

I have a clk500 2006, last week i changed front control arms, and after i drove away, car went into limp-in mode. i got P0702 code . I know for sure that the mechanic took off the wheel knuckle without taking off speed sensor and it got stretched and most likely got broken ! i cleared the code and disconnected the battery but no luck. i feel it's the speed sensor , but some mechanics told me there is no way speed sensor causing car to go into limp-in mode and that it's just a coincident and they advised me to change TCU which is so expensive and what the odds TCU breaks right after changing control arms !!!
Do you think speed sensor would cause the car to get into limp mode ? or would it be just a coincident that TCU broke at the same time ?
how can i test if the speed sensor is bad?
yes yes yes it's wheel speed sensor