CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk
Clk convertible

clk 500 coverible showing in dash =open top= any idea what switch to look for .?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:59 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information.

My guess is that the message is telling you that the soft top is open, i.e. not fully closed. I assume you have tried to cycle it open and closed again? If that all works but you still get the message, then you probably have a bad limit switch. Here is a diagnostic aid that I created which may help:

http://benzbits.com/w209/soft_top/W2...gnosticAid.pdf

You should also pull codes from the soft top controller. Note that you will need a tool that goes beyond a generic OBDII scanner. It must be capable of reading MBZ's proprietary system. Some hat do include SDS (MBZ's official Star Diagnosis), iCarsoft i980, iCarsfot MBII, and Autel MD802 Maxdiag Elite.