CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aftermarket Intake flap lever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK350 Convertible
Aftermarket Intake flap lever

So I bought a new aftermarket lever however it is super tight to move by hand. When I move the old one it moves freely and bounces back. The new one has to be moved by hand. Old lever is from another manifold I bought with good lever. Anybody else noticed this also and if so did code remain after changing. Short video.
Attached Files
Old 09-21-2018, 11:42 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I changed that lever on the ML350 intake manifold with a metal one. it moved freely, like the original plastic lever. If you remove the linkage arms from the lever, do the individual tumble flap lever move freely? If not, you may have some oil and crud buildup inside the manifold causing them to bind.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:48 PM

2007 CLK350 Convertible
Originally Posted by Rudeney
I changed that lever on the ML350 intake manifold with a metal one. it moved freely, like the original plastic lever. If you remove the linkage arms from the lever, do the individual tumble flap lever move freely? If not, you may have some oil and crud buildup inside the manifold causing them to bind.
The inside of the new manifold is clean and arms move freely. It really does seem like the arm on the right side maybe a little long and is causing the issue. I think I will look for the metal lever as well. This is the second time taking the manifold off and don't want to go a third time with this lever. Do you remember where you picked up your lever?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:51 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
This is the one I bought:

https://ebay.us/mUsZgK

It was only that actuator, not the "arms". As it instructed, I had to drill out the ball joints on the ends of the OE arms and then use the included bolts and lock nuts to attach them to this lever. I though that was a decent design. So far, so good.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:01 AM

2007 CLK350 Convertible
Originally Posted by Rudeney
This is the one I bought:

https://ebay.us/mUsZgK

It was only that actuator, not the "arms". As it instructed, I had to drill out the ball joints on the ends of the OE arms and then use the included bolts and lock nuts to attach them to this lever. I though that was a decent design. So far, so good.
Ok great. Thanks for the tip.