CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

exterior door handle works sometimes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
82 300D
exterior door handle works sometimes

2008 s550 4matic. The door latch mechanism was replaced and now the outside handle works 90% of the time and the other it will unlock but the handle won't actuate the door latch. Could it be a bad exterior handle or is it something with the latch? I can see that everything with the handle seems mechanically sound
Old 11-24-2018, 10:55 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

You have a W221 S-Class, so you should visit that forum for the best information. However, the door handles on most MBZs are similar. I suspect that the repair of the latch mechanism is the problem here. I'd go back to whoever did that work and have them check it.