CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Soft top operation snag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 2006 CLK 350 Cabriolet
Soft top operation snag

This shows the small flipper panels on the left and right sides. They seem to bind when moved down.
I have a problem when putting my top down on my 2006 CLK350. The operation all goes smoothly until the last step when the bow flippers (top storage compartment cover) come down to lock, at that time the flippers do not seem to want to go down in place until they snap down in place (not right). I think these flippers should nest in place but they seem to either bind somewhere or there is not room for them to go down. Any comments would be appreciated since it is almost top down season. By the way when i put the top back up they bow cover flippers do not seem to bind anywhere and they nest in place fine.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:26 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You're talking about the flaps that cover the openings where the soft top mechanism comes out to the outside of the rear seats, correct? They have some small hooks underneath that grab onto a latch to put them in place. Those can get bent. Another possibility is that they are operated by a Bowden cable that is connected to the cover mechanism and it can get broken and not pull the flaps correctly.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 2006 CLK 350 Cabriolet
My suggestion

I tried to operate the top going all the way down and all the way back up and what I did was while bringing it down I halted half way and waited about 20 seconds and then completely went down and there was no snags or snapping noise.