CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

passenger seat lever stuck won't unlatch headrest stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk320 2003
passenger seat lever stuck won't unlatch headrest stuck

HI GUYS MY PASSENGER SEAT LEVER STUCK I MEAN THE LEVER WONT UNLATCH THE BOWDEN CABLE THIS HAPPENED AFTER PRESSING HEADREST UP FEW DAYS AGO BUT THE LEVER WAS WORKING AFTER THE HEADREST WAS STUCK IN UP POSITION FEW DAYS LATER THE LEVER OF THE SEAT SUDDENLY STUCK CAN SOMEONE HELP
Old 03-24-2019, 08:15 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Welcome to the forum! First of all, please do not type in all caps. it is considered "yelling". It is also hard to read. Additionally, please update your forum user's profile to include your location (at least country).

Now, I assume that the lever that you pull to release the seat and tilt it forward fro rear seat access is now working. Do you mean that it does not release the seat so it cannot be raised and tilted forward, or that the seat does not lock back down in place? If the lever does not release the seat, then you will need to check the Bowden cable at both the top and bottom. Remove the seat back panel to check the top where the cable attaches to the lever, and remove the plastic paneling on the side of the seat to check where it attaches to the latch. It might be easier to do all of this with the seat removed from the car.
The following users liked this post:
Firoo (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk320 2003
Sorry for caps i was writting from my mobile
My problem is the lever itself stuck wont unlatch which keeps the seat stuck and wont move forward for people to enter in the back the 2 plastic parts are already removed they are broken long time ago i can see the mechanism the one for easy enter exit feature and the other attached to the lever i need to know if there is any repair on WIS i have access to Mercedes wis 2018 can you tell me where i can find on wis the lever repair
Old 03-25-2019, 11:55 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
In WIS, it will be under "Driver Seat". Unfortunately, I don't believe it's very detailed. If it were me, I'd remove the seat to make it easier to work on.