CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Wanna Add some mods on CLK, wheels, widebody, speakers, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2019 | 10:24 PM

CLK 500
Question Wanna Add some mods on CLK, wheels, widebody, speakers, etc

Yo, looking forward to spending a few grand on the clk500, need suggestions of what I can do, ideas and advice, thx
I already got a wrap and want to do something more.
What size rim fit the car without cutting the body and won't have a problem when turning? the 18 or 19 or 20? Any wheels recommended?
Can I change the rear speakers to something spicier? How?
What kinda speakers can I put in the car for the bass? Do I need an amplifier for the speakers then?
Any widebody kit out there? I can't find any for clk350 or 500, please suggest
Any mods and tunes I can add to the car engine and exterior to increase the 302hp to 400+ maybe?
The car got stock spring right now, but somehow it looks like the front is having more clearance than the back?
16 years old help me out.

Thx
Old 04-21-2019 | 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
See my signature for the mods to my 550. I would only go up 1 size above stock and no more than 19 max on the wheels. I think the 500 is stock 17 inch wheels. The stock wheels for my 550 were pretty light and were excellent wheels. Getting aftermarket wheels as light will get a little expensive, as they will likely need to be forged. I currently have Mandrus wheels and I have been satisfied with them since installing them 5-6 years ago. If I change them, I will go with forged light weight replacements sometime over the next year ($2K-$3K).

An obvious reply is for you to just buy a 550 but I know that feeling of just doing your own thing. I've spent a few $K on my 550; could have just bought a 63. But it wouldn't have been the same.

I don't know anything about the entertainment stuff. Unless I am on a trip longer than 2 hours I seldom use it.
The following users liked this post:
NotVerified (04-21-2019)