CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Error fog lamps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes W209
Error fog lamps

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had a problem with the Fendinebbia I explain the situation well:
I bought this machine from a private person who surely had an accident in the front, I noticed that the two fog lights didn't work and the one on the right dentra really had a lot of dirt ... I left it this way for lack of time. .. Yesterday I had some 'time so I dedicated myself ....... e
1) Fx Fog lamp - I removed it clean, (the chrome plating and the plastic went away), a new bulb was remounted and it must be a marvel
2) Left Fog Lamp - Without the cleaning as above, but did not have the connector so I bought it mounted, put new bulb and ...... does not turn on ....
Now I have done various tests ...
1) With the tester checked the grounding and there is
2) The 12V does not arrive
3) Take the right light bulb that works and is set to the left and nothing
4) Not having the scheme of the Fuses and Relays I checked all the fuses present in the 3 fuse boxes (engine compartment, side compartment driver compartment and trunk) of the machine but they are all ok. Rightly some are not fitted and I guess they are for other things for which mine has no set up.
Now I don't know where to hit your head I wanted to ask you if the control relays of the Fog Lamp are 2 ie one controls the right and one the left and where it is located, which fuse is, and what number is ..... If it is possible to have also a fuse diagram ...

Thank you

Old 04-30-2019, 01:17 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

There are no fuses or relays for the exterior lighting. They are controlled by the SAM, which is a computer. If it detects a short or open circuit, it shuts down the voltage to that wire. My guess is that with the front end damage, there is a short or open circuit in the wiring harness.