CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Carbon Fiber Canards

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 11:17 AM

Received 147 Likes on 136 Posts
2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG..1967 Lotus Europa..1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI..2020 Mercedes Benz E350
Carbon Fiber Canards

All C55 AMG, CLK 55 AMG & CLK (W209) Owners:

I've been asked again by numerous MB World members to survey owners regarding a group buy of these CF Canards for their cars. I liked the CF Canards on the C63 Black Series and made them for my C55. These were hand-layed (least expensive process) 2x carbon fiber with epoxy resin. This time around, they will be made by a carbon fiber manufacturer using either vacuum bag (less expensive than autoclave) or autoclave (more expensive) processes.

Furthermore, according to a few vendors I've talked to, a minimum group buy of 20 sets (4 pieces/set) will be made using either vacuum bag or autoclave process.

I've attended a lot of MB car events and get a lot of questions of where I bought the cf canards!

This will be my last survey of interest to produce the canards via a group buy which is the way to go to keep costs in check! By the way, the CF Canards for the C63 AMG Black Series are $4,500 +/- plus tax from MB stealerships!!!

If your interest is serious, please let me know asap and I'll add your name below! The first twenty names will be guaranteed one (1) set in this ONE TIME ONLY group manufacturing run! You're not under any legal obligation to buy a set but please contact me so I can get a head count!!!!

As of July 9, am, another guy backed out and now we've only got 5 to date.....15 more needed for group buy!

I think that, at this point, its time to step back and pause the process as I've already expended too much time of my personal time to help fellow MB World forum members! IN THIS REGARD, I'LL NO LONGER UPDATE THE HEAD COUNT!

Update as of July 7, 2019, just spoke with the manufacturer and the price point is $1,250 per set. His method of payment will be either personal check or Paypal. He will not take credit cards!!! He wants a 50% deposit for all buyers to start, i.e., make mold and produce one (1) set of canards, etc. I will personally visit his shop, inspect the final product, take close-up digital photos and email same to all depositors for review! He stated the time frame is 3 weeks to make the four (4) molds and manufacture the first set (4 pieces). After that, the remaining 19 sets will take 2 to 4 weeks production time. Upon completion, the remaining 50% balance and shipping costs will be paid to the manufacturer by all depositors/buyers. Each buyer will provide me with delivery instructions, i.e., names, addresses, phone numbers, etc., and the manufacturer will ship all carbon fiber canard sets!

The foregoing is an approximation of manufacturing time, payment schedule, and shipping time anticipated for the group buy of the carbon fiber canards!

Now, since the price point was negotiated and has been set, please let me know if you're either in or out!

Thanks...

Rob

1. Addi-C55
2. FutureAMGxx
3. EVOII Racer
4. davidweizkoves
5. PapaChop83

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Robjr; 07-09-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 CLK 350 Past: 2007 C230
I could be interested. What's the price?
Old 06-28-2019, 10:08 PM

Received 147 Likes on 136 Posts
2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG..1967 Lotus Europa..1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI..2020 Mercedes Benz E350
chewtoy...

The price can't be fixed as its predicated on the number of sets that are made. If we can get a group buy of 20+/- guys with C55's, CLK55's and CLK's (all the same front bumper), then the manufacturer can provide a price point for either vacuum bag or autoclave manufacturing process.

I can add your name to the list with the understanding there's no financial obligation on anyone until I can get a firm price commitment from the selected manufacturer based on the final price point!

Let me know!

Thanks for your interest!

Rob
Old 06-29-2019, 12:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 CLK 350 Past: 2007 C230
Originally Posted by Robjr
chewtoy...

The price can't be fixed as its predicated on the number of sets that are made. If we can get a group buy of 20+/- guys with C55's, CLK55's and CLK's (all the same front bumper), then the manufacturer can provide a price point for either vacuum bag or autoclave manufacturing process.

I can add your name to the list with the understanding there's no financial obligation on anyone until I can get a firm price commitment from the selected manufacturer based on the final price point!

Let me know!

Thanks for your interest!

Rob
OK, put me down as interested