CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK350 bumper cover pieces

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 CLK 350
CLK350 bumper cover pieces

Hello MBWorld Forum Members,

I have a 2008 CLK350 which recently had the bumper cover replaced due to some damage/accident. This past weekend I received the 'washer fluid low' indicator so filled it... of course, while parked in the garage, all of it drained out to the floor of the garage that evening.

Long story short, removed the fender lower liner cover (which attaches to the bumper cover) and found the grommet needs replaced on the pump. Not the point of the query.

While removing the lower fender liner, I found that two of the securing pins are missing, and that there appears to be a black ring that is supposed to clip around from the side to the front of the bumper cover, along the bottom edge (the bumper cover has what appears to be 'clips' made of fiberglass that go into 'something' which isn't there. It looks like it would be a right angled piece that should be shaped to mimic the lower edge of the bumper cover and provide more rigidity to it, and part of it is there in the corner by the tire, but it only extends to the first clip point and no further. Should there be a piece all along the edge of the bumper cover?

I can't find anything in any of the MB parts blow ups I see online... and I didn't have time to take the other side apart yet to compare and have no other vehicles to compare against... so... anyone with knowledge on the bumper cover know what clips in there?

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Old 07-03-2019, 03:40 PM

2008 CLK 350
I went to a certified MB repair center today and was told not all CLK's had these parts, they are known as reinforcement brackets, and I'd like to identify them officially if I can... anyone have any diagrams or repair manuals that mention them and their official name or part number? The body shop seemed unable to find them locally, would have to order using the 'official' parts network. I submitted a query directly to Mercedes as well...
Old 07-15-2019, 08:39 AM

2008 CLK 350
Originally Posted by Monty3038
I went to a certified MB repair center today and was told not all CLK's had these parts, they are known as reinforcement brackets, and I'd like to identify them officially if I can... anyone have any diagrams or repair manuals that mention them and their official name or part number? The body shop seemed unable to find them locally, would have to order using the 'official' parts network. I submitted a query directly to Mercedes as well...
So my lower fender splash shield arrived, with the install parts. The front of it, where it connects to bumper, has nothing to connect to, because these brackets/braces are not there. While under the vehicle I checked the other side, same story, it isn't connected in the front. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, as it rides atop the bumper cover and won't catch the wind... but I don't trust it. I've put in some attachments to hold it, but this isn't what I wanted, wanted factory replacement. So I continue to search for these reinforcing brackets...