CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CPS replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk 500 convertible
CPS replacement

So I have the CPS code. I already have the Bosch replacement part. I already unsuccessfully tried this at the roadside as I dropped the t8 socket and nowhere to be seen. I have it at home now and am jacking it up and fingers crossed I will find the socket. I'm pretty sure its lying on the plastic cover underneath. I also tore my hand up getting in there. Any hints before I try it again. I have the extensions and a angle socket
Old 09-11-2019, 03:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
04 CLK500
I had to get the MAF out of the way and snake my hand from left side to hold etorx socket tight while leaving right hand to work the extension. I had to straddle the engine to get enough leverage.

Whoever at Mercedes decided to use an E8 bolt instead of E10 deserves a front row spot in hell. Most of the difficulty comes from that.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk 500 convertible
I managed to get it In eventually. What a PITA!

So i took a photo and realised it was at 90 degree angle to where it should be.

I put the torque e8 in by hand first in what was the exact location where I had taken it out from.

I imagine this is really really bad if somehow a threaded a new hole In the casing. But it was definitely where it came out from. I'm going with maybe it was done before and the damage may already have been done.

What damage could there be if I did indeed somehow thread a new hole? I don't see how i could have done that as it was a flat headed bolt and a really wasn't pressing with any force.

I'm super worried I've caused way more damage!

Any thoughts?