CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Electrical issues PLEASE help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 500
Electrical issues PLEASE help

Kind of a long story, here goes: last year my key fobs stopped working, I was getting messages on the dash that said lights were out but really weren’t. Then last fall the heat stopped working, I had a new thermostat and radiator put in but it didn’t help. I ended up buying an old Jeep cherokee just to get me buy. I parked the car and the headlights would come on by themselves, along with the taillight. Sometimes together, sometimes independently, and occasionally the horn would sound like the alarm was going off, and the automatic steering wheel adjustment stopped working. The lights and horn ended up completely draining the batter. I let it set all spring with a dead battery. I tried to charge the battery and jump start it but I couldn’t get it to start or come out of park. All the electrical inside the car worked though. Power seats, windows, sunroof, etc. I replaced the battery but it made no difference. Had it towed to the dealer. They concluded it was the PCM. I had a new one built by modular experts in Jacksonville fl. I had to send them the keys and the ignition switch to b programmed to the new PCM. I got it back, put the battery on the charger to make sure it had a full charge, installed the PCM, hooked the battery back up and tried to start the car and NOTHING. It’s exactly the same as before. I’m on disability and it has been extremely hard to save the $2500+ I have into it now. It’s been a year since I could even drive the car. I’m at a total loss. Does anyone have any ideas or know where I can take it in N.E. Ohio that can fix it for a reasonable price? I don’t have much to spend. I need to get fixed so I can sell it but I still owe on it because I bought it used a couple years ago. Someone please help!!
Old 11-26-2019, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
You might start by checking the fuses and start relays. I don't have the fuse layout for the 500. With all you've had going on, you may have a blown fuse if the engine does not turn over or attempt to start.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 500
Visually inspected all fuses and relays, they all look ok. Is there a way to test relays or should I just replace all of them? Diagnostic reader still says no communication just like before
Old 11-30-2019, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Did you call the supplier of the refurbished PCM and let them know it doesn't seem to be working. I missed the part of your original post that it does not communicate with your scanner. And if the dealer diagnosed it to the PCM, they may be correct. Call the company that supplied the replacement and talk with them. They may be able to help more readily. I assume you seated the PCM properly and securely. When you push the connector into the PCM as far as you can and then push in on the retaining handles.