CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My Fog Lights gone BAD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
My Fog Lights gone BAD

Darn, one of my brabus quads light for some reason does not work anymore. I dont know why, but im thinking about changing all four of them again. Anyone know any good bulbs that are similar to the color of Xenons, ie, any good Piaa models. I dont want them too blue or super super bright, that it attracts too many cops. I live in Los angeles, and cops are **** about that. Any good piaa bulbs anyone can recommend. Thanks
Old 08-05-2004 | 06:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
http://www.sylvaniaperformanceshop.c...thumbnails.asp
Old 08-05-2004 | 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
ok, the link doesn't work but go to:

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/

then click on Silverstar

Old 08-05-2004 | 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
AMG BRED, thanks a lot of the info.

Do you know by any chance what the Brabus fog Lights uses. I believe they are Piaa but i do not know what model #. This is the fog that is the inner one closer to the grill. Instead of changing all four, maybe i should just change that one. The two outer fogs look different inside, sees like they are a brigher projected one because there is a square lens around the bulbs. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-05-2004 | 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
i have those sylvanias in my headlamps. H7's since i dont have bi-xenons. They actually shine white, not yellow or blue.. So they are not bad looking and have a nice output.

If you want something to match the xenons i think philips is better off since they are made from crystal and not glass like the PIAA's. I suggest diamond vision for a nice bluish look, not too blue though.
Old 08-05-2004 | 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Originally Posted by Tezta
i have those sylvanias in my headlamps. H7's since i dont have bi-xenons. They actually shine white, not yellow or blue.. So they are not bad looking and have a nice output.

If you want something to match the xenons i think philips is better off since they are made from crystal and not glass like the PIAA's. I suggest diamond vision for a nice bluish look, not too blue though.
Thanks Jon
you da man....
Old 08-05-2004 | 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by BrabusClK04
AMG BRED, thanks a lot of the info.

Do you know by any chance what the Brabus fog Lights uses. I believe they are Piaa but i do not know what model #. This is the fog that is the inner one closer to the grill. Instead of changing all four, maybe i should just change that one. The two outer fogs look different inside, sees like they are a brigher projected one because there is a square lens around the bulbs. Thanks for the help.
Let me contact my sales rep at Brabus and then have the info on the bulbs forwarded out to you. The outer pair of fogs is designed to work on conjuction with the low beams so it's beam is projected low and out to the sides, while the inner pair is designed to work in conjunction with the high beams to it's beam pattern is more wide and open.
Old 08-08-2004 | 07:09 PM

2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
The same thing happened to me. I took it to the MB dealer instead of where I got my bumper installed. The dealer charged me 250$, and told me it was b/c the wires got melted due to how it was wired. The thing is, i called brabus USA and they told me that you are not suppose to wire all 4 fog lights to go on at the same time. Only 2 are supose to be wired witth the orginal fog light wires and the other 2 with the high beam lights, other wise having all 4 on at the same time will over heat the wires. My dealer however just claimed it was bad wiring b/c they used connectors instead of just sodering the wires together. All and all, since i paid for it to get fixed, my dealer said if it happens again, they will fix it.
Old 08-08-2004 | 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by clk2k3
The same thing happened to me. I took it to the MB dealer instead of where I got my bumper installed. The dealer charged me 250$, and told me it was b/c the wires got melted due to how it was wired. The thing is, i called brabus USA and they told me that you are not suppose to wire all 4 fog lights to go on at the same time. Only 2 are supose to be wired witth the orginal fog light wires and the other 2 with the high beam lights..
that's what i have been saying all time :v
Old 08-09-2004 | 01:07 PM

2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
Hey AMG BRED:

I notice in earlier pictures you had all 4 fog lights wired to light up at once, then later pictures you had them wired 1 set to the fog light and the other set to the high beam. Why did you change them? You run into the same problems we did with the wires heating up?
Old 08-09-2004 | 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by clk2k3
Hey AMG BRED:

I notice in earlier pictures you had all 4 fog lights wired to light up at once, then later pictures you had them wired 1 set to the fog light and the other set to the high beam. Why did you change them? You run into the same problems we did with the wires heating up?
I had it wired to all 4, got in trouble with the law.. a cop was driving the opposite direction at sunset, the fogs were on, so were the lowbeams.. 'caught his eye, pullled a u-turn and gave me a warning.. so i changed the wiring.