CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Quad exhaust/ carbon rear diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 04:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 clk500 cabriolet
Quad exhaust/ carbon rear diffuser

Does anyone know where still sells exhaust kits and Diffusers for clk500 cabriolet? Or anyone on the forum selling there’s? I’ve read all the forums here but most exhausts seem all custom. Only one I’ve seen is CKS which I do t like how the passenger end goes into the back of the main muffler. Plus heard bad things about CKS. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-29-2020, 06:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 CLK 500
Hey . Nice car looks sharp . What wheels do you have ?

As far as exhaust no one makes it . I did my exhaust and It had to be custom . Its better in a way that it costs way less and you have a few different ways of doing it . You can go as loud as you want . I took out the secondary cats , Resonator and muffler. I put an X pipe and ran it with a few different mufflers and even straight piped . It really depends whats your looking for . My shop managed to do a true dual by placing the x pipe where the secondary cats are the muffler in the tunnel right behind it . Then they just ran pipes for both sides. The passenger side they had to flatten out the pipe to go under the cross brace but it fits good with no rubbing issues . Most people here will do an x pipe and a dual in dual out magnaflow in the tunnel . I wouldn't run it from the passenger to the main muffler . It can melt things like the bumper and get the floor under the spare hot . If you search my posts I put pictures and videos of my setup .
The following users liked this post:
Nick_h (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 clk500 cabriolet
Hey I like the set up you had! Wish it was still for sale! And the rims are from a SLS I believe. I bought two vibrant resonators and a dual in dual out Magnaflow just not sure about the passenger side, do you go in between those support brackets or under them?
Old 05-04-2020, 01:04 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 CLK 500
The driver side is easy you just fallow where the stock tube went. For the passenger side the shop had to flaten the pipe and go under the braket. I had no issues with it
The following users liked this post:
Nick_h (05-04-2020)