CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Remote locking and remote trunk release don't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 2003
Question Remote locking and remote trunk release don't work

Hey guys, I will try to be concise and not take up too much of your reading time.

Basically, when using the key fob to try and open the trunk, the trunk doesn't open, it also doesn't open when pressing the button found on the driver's side window switch (I have even replaced the whole main switch unrelated to this problem so that did not fix the issue related to the switch not opening the trunk). Next, the key fob remote unlocking using radio also doesn't work, only when I come near the driver's door and use the infrared receiver found in the driver's door handle does it unlock/lock the car. I have also checked all fuses, in the front, in the trunk and under the hood, they all seem to be not blown except fuse number 40 which was basically melted and not all light up when inspecting them using a test light in the ignition on position, I'm not sure if that's normal. The central locking switch found on the front panel near the dashboard works.

What could be the cause, what should I be looking for? Cut wires, the antenna or something else?

Last edited by makina; 05-04-2020 at 04:01 PM.