CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK Wiper Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK200 Convertible
CLK Wiper Problems

The screen washer reservoir on our 2006 CLK Convertible was leaking so I removed the pump to replace the seal without disconnecting the electric cable. Unfortunately this did not cure the leak and I had two new faults, the wipers no longer worked on any setting, although the screen washer still worked, and I had a SRS warning light. On further inspection I realised that it was the pump itself that was leaking, so I replaced it and all the faults disappeared. When I dismantled the old pump I could see that water had been entering the motor as it was wet and quite rusty, so I thought I had fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, after a day both faults reappeared and since then they have been intermittent, but on all occasions both faults have appeared at exactly the same time. I have checked the following items: Switch on bonnet lock ok, fuse 46 ok, relays L and Q ok, wiper motor ok, steering column combination switch ok. I have checked the Front SAM using an iCarsoft MBII scanner, there are no stored DTCs for the wipers and all actual values are the same whether the faults are present or not. The airbag gives codes 9002, Control module N2/7 (Restraint system control unit), (Circuit 15R), No voltage when voltage present at circuit 15, and 902D The component or the signal line to the component B48 (Front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition) has open circuit.

To me it sounds like a bad connection, but where? Does anyone have any suggestions or can give me an indication of how theses two apparently separate systems could be linked electrically? Any help would be greatly appreciated.