CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

REAR SAM MODULE?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 2004 CLK 320
Angry REAR SAM MODULE?????

Hello all. I did a bad thing today. I went outside to jump start my 2004 CLK 320 as I'm trying to sale it. it had no issues prior to this, everything worked fine. So long story short, i installed the jumper cables backwards on the car, i hookup up the positive cable to the negative terminal and vice versa. I figured it out almost immediately but they work smoking and the cables were HOT. So car started fine after i fixed the cables. Drove fine as well. But i got a malfunction saying 'display defective'. The gas gauge now doesn't work, neither do the blinkers, AND the reverse lights and rear parking lights stay on. I checked all of the fuses under the hood, in the door, and in the trunk. They were all fine. From the research I did, it states it could be the rear SAM Module gone bad? What are your opinions, everything helps. Thanks for reading!!
Old 07-13-2020, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
SAMS Unit Damage

Apparently the SAM Unit Damage is damaged. I had a friend of mine, who was working on my car a few years back, did exactly what you described, and he had to replace both the front and rear SAM units.