CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pre-facelift C209, standard sound system - subwoofer connections?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 12:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK (W209) 270Cdi 2003
Pre-facelift C209, standard sound system - subwoofer connections?

I was not sure wether to post this here or on the Audio section, but, since the question is strictly about wiring, i decided to do it here.
Context: Pre-facelift C209, everything is standard sound system (meaning Audio 10/Comand 2.0, no Bose or HK system). The car had Audio10, I guess, and was upgraded to Comand 2.0. Regardless, the pinout on the speaker output plug is the same in both cases.

The system has a DVC subwoofer on the rear tray. It is fed straight from the Comand headunit, like all the other speakers. Each coil is 4 Ohms, like all other speakers (the tweeters are 8 Ohms). The Comand has outputs for 2 pairs of speakers, front/rear, left/right. I know the pinouts. My question is this:

- Does anyone know, for a fact (either measured or seen on official diagrams), what are the outputs where the subwoofer is fed from? Meaning, how is it wired?

I tried to look on WIS, and the schematics are not clear. I tried swinging the fader, on the Comand, full front and full rear, and the subwoofer produces output in both cases. A bit muffled when in full front, but still clearly there, if you listen close to it.

I can't figure out how is the wiring connected, to produce what I'm seeing.

So, I would like to know how is this thing wired. If anyone knows...

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK (W209) 270Cdi 2003
I did find a diagram on the excellent benzbits site, but it is for an amplifier system. My car has no amplifier, and speakers are standard Mercedes, not Bose.