CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

P0410

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 350
Unhappy P0410

Hi, Looking for help with my 2007 CLK350 cabriolet which is throwing a P0410 code. suggesting a problem on the left and right bank.
I am a novice with the codes and reader, but have removed the pump which works fine on the bench. Checked the 40 amp fuse and I'm assuming the relay is ok as the pump starts and runs for thirty seconds as it should on start up.

I seem to be able to run the car just steadily driving and no code comes up, it only seems to appear when I put the hammer down and drive it hard, then I have to clear codes and all is good again. I have started the engine and checked for vacuum
by disconnecting the outlet on the vacuum switch and have suction there with the pipe removed. I have also removed both thin vacuum pipes and sucked down each one and the two (I assume vacuum check valves) seem to respond internally.
I have also checked all the rubber hoses which seem fine (car has done aprox 50k miles).

When I removed the large air hoses from the pump on both check valves and started the engine each one seems to produce a a throaty sound with air pressure coming OUT of the check valves until the pump stops, I am trying to understand
what should be happening and if this means the valves are ok or faulty. Is there a set procedure I should be following please as I am at a bit of a loss now.
Many thanks, yours in anticipation.