CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK350 Engine Shut Down while normal driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 350 Coupe
CLK350 Engine Shut Down while normal driving

Hi guys, this is my first post here.
I owe a 2007 CLK350 (W209) with around 60k miles.
Around 3 days ago, I left home for vacations and just about on the first 3 or 4 miles away from home, engine unexpectedly shut off in the middle of the street.
I immediately tried starting engine back on, and it took several attempts to make it work. 2 minutes later, after several tries, engine started again but this time showed the "Engine Light" warning. I drove it carefully and at low speed for a while, thinking battery could be low. After driving it for a while, I then decided to park the car, shut it down, and restart the engine again to see if engine light went off (Which it did!) The car was runing fine and thought maybe is was a minor issue.
I decided to hit the road and drove without any problems 300miles to my destination. All was fine until yesterday when I decided to give the car a ride, and again Engine unexpectedly shut down (all lights on board remain normally), but again car would only start after several attempts. In less than 2miles ride, car died 2 or 3 times. I checked the battery by removing the cover, and it is perffectly charged. Alternator also works perfect.
Does anyone have any clue on this or happend the same? I will take it to official M. Benz on Monday, but I dont want to be ripped off.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks,

NiKKo1