CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

instrument cluster read out quit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 350
Cool instrument cluster read out quit

2007 CLK 350 Does anyone know what would cause my readout on my instrument cluster to stop working and also no illumination on my gas or temperature gauge after getting a jump start? Taking it to the dealer and spending hundreds isn't a option. I tried resetting the gauge cluster (pulled fuse #42) I've checked all fuses and replaced the battery with one I bought from the dealer. Still nothing.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK350
I've recently had a similar problem with my '07. There is another fuse #51 under the the hood that might be the culprit. However the instrument cluster is one of the 30+ computer systems on the car. I came out one day turned the key and the instrument cluster was dead. There are some companies that your indie shop might know that can do repairs in some cases. The local indie took some readings from mine and was told mine was not repairable hopefully yours is. To replace the cluster and program it was $2300 in my case with $1500 going for a replacement cluster. Although you can now buy these cars for less than a new Kia they were expensive when new and are still expensive to maintain, I wish they were not but I enjoy mine enough to pay the price so far.