CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

top gear review of 209 clk500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3 Cab
top gear review of 209 clk500

review
Old 05-13-2002, 05:00 PM

Wow, he really put down the 209, however I am very optimistic that many of us will not feel the same way. You just can't please everyone, so with that said lets wait till we get a hold of one for ourselves before we pass judgements......also when the hell is the 209 coming to the US? I can't take the wait anymore....seeing all these photos and stuff is like a **** tease....you can look but you can't touch.....
Old 05-13-2002, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Some say the Current CLK & E classes are obsolete?

Read this review on the new CLK:

Verdict:

A whole lot faster than a retirement cottage down in Lyme Regis,
but not much more exciting really.

Hmm, I will skip this new generation...
Old 05-13-2002, 07:01 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Talking

This guy hates MB's shade of gray(one of MB's most popular colors) and MB's fake wood...didn't know MB used fake wood, likes the metal trim instead????I've seen the metal trim on the c class, hmmm. Oh did I mention he hated the gray trim. He also complained about handling and likes the m3 for thrills,hey dude clks are not or were never intended to be m3's. He did say that the car flies...endless acceleration, that's good and he did like the stance of the car but no other mention about looks??. Oh and what about the big black plastic key he bit**ed about, good thing it wasn't gray!

I love my 208...can't wait to see touch and drive the 209.

RJC
Old 05-13-2002, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What is this BMW punk doing rating a Mercedes? Did anyone tell him the CLK is not an M3? If you wanna race, go get an M3. If you wanna chill, get looks, and drive around in class then get a Mercedes. BMW's are better at speed/racing. But nobody looks at a BMW like they look at a Mercedes.

And if he wants to talk about bad looks, let him talk about the new 745i's rear end or that horrendous control knob. For the new 745i can he say "Even the bizarre orthopaedic-style platform shoes sported around Camden Town look positively chic compared with this."
Old 05-14-2002, 12:26 PM

1963 220Sb
He doesn't know what he is talking about....

I read an article in AutoCar, and all they did was praise the new CLK except for the bolts that hold down the seatbelts in the back and the front seats were showing. They loved the looks and power and everything about it. He is a benz basher and a beemer lover. And the wood is NOT fake. Only in the first Ml was there a littel fake wood, but not even there anymore. All the other magazinnes have praised it for it's quality, let him rant and rave, he is just probably jealous he can't have one...
Old 05-15-2002, 02:02 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by RJC
This guy hates MB's shade of gray(one of MB's most popular colors) and MB's fake wood...didn't know MB used fake wood, likes the metal trim instead????I've seen the metal trim on the c class, hmmm. Oh did I mention he hated the gray trim. He also complained about handling and likes the m3 for thrills,hey dude clks are not or were never intended to be m3's. He did say that the car flies...endless acceleration, that's good and he did like the stance of the car but no other mention about looks??. Oh and what about the big black plastic key he bit**ed about, good thing it wasn't gray!

I love my 208...can't wait to see touch and drive the 209.

RJC
I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!